Super Rigid Structure
Finite element analysis
The Finite Element Analysis provides the optimal machine design to build a light-weight, yet super rigid machine structure.
One-piece casting structure
Using high grade MEEHANITE casting to produce the heavily ribbed, one-piece, thermally balanced machine bed and other structural components, the machine is built to endure years and years of rigorous milling.
Moving column structure design
The highly rigid, yet light weight column structure provides efficient support for the headstock and ensures excellent dynamic performance of the X / Y / Z axes movements, thus effectively shortening cycle times.
High speed, high precision axial feed system
• High speed, low friction linear guide ways are used on X / Y / Z axes to provide optimum motion control and efficient movements.
• Direct drive servo motors with C3 grade ball screws guarantee long term, high precision contour machining capabilities.
• Optional high resolution optical linear scales provide even higher precision.
High rigid headstock
• The optimized headstock and saddle design minimizes sagging to achieve excellent machining accuracy, even when the Z-axis is fully extended.
• The spindle nose can extend to within 5.9" of the table center, enabling the usage of shorter tools and raising cutting rigidity.